Spikes Hedgehog Food is an original formula with an evidence based production and final selection process.
Over twenty years ago, the manufacturers of Spikes put their minds to developing a hedgehog feed with the optimal nutritional balance.
Once devised with a prototype ready – they trialled their experimental offering with an initial cohort of rescued
guinea pigs hedgehogs at the local sanctuary.
A resounding consensus of delight!
Nutritional balance is key to rearing successful hedgehogs.
They are prone to obesity and so highly calorific content, such as meal worms etc. can result in rapid weight gain, preventing hedgies from rolling up even in extreme cases.
The makers of Spikes are dedicating to benefiting the welfare of wild hedgehogs in the UK by producing feed with optimal content for keeping them fit and healthy.
Poultry Meal, Wheat, Wheatfeed, Whole Maize, Rice, Chicken Fat, Brewers Yeast, Linseed, Minerals.
- Vitamin A 19000 IU – keeps eyesight sharp, preventing night blindness. Also necessary for healthy and supple skin.
- Vitamin D3 1900 IU – prevents bone deformity, like Rickets.
- Vitamin E 110 mg – keeps skin in good condition.
- Iron (Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate) – for red blood cell production.
- Copper (Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate): 7mg,
- Manganese (Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate): 30mg,
- Zinc (Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate): 100mg,
- Iodine (Calcium Iodate Anhydrous): 1mg,
- Selenium (Sodium Selenite): 0.25 mg.
- Protein 25%
- Crude Fibres 3%
- Crude Oils and Fats 12%
- Crude Ash 6.5%
Recommended daily allowance of 20g per hedgehog, each night.
For best results: place in a shallow dish near the hedgehog house or feeding station, just before dusk. [Please note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t cost you any extra if you decide to buy, but helps me pay for the overheads of keeping this website running.]
Approximate Dimensions (Product):
- 650g: 20 x 19 x 8.5cm;
- 2.5kg: 36 x 19.5 x 11.5cm.